Thursday 3 March 2011

World Book Day


Today was world book day so the kids got to dress up as their favourite book character for the day. For Joe that meant Dr Seuss' Cat in the Hat which he has recently discovered and loves!

I am quite impressed with myself for managing to make this from scratch while battling a cold! I drafted the pattern for the cat outfit from one of his fleecy sleep-suits and added a tail at the back. The tail can be posed as it has some foam covered wire running through it (from my gardening supplies!) The hat is made from felt and is quite floppy as I didn't use interfacing, although it probably could have benefited from some! The bow-tie is also made from felt and the rest of it is fleece.

Joe loved the outfit and refused to take it off all day (even though he did get warm in it!!) and he won the prize for best outfit from his class which made him even happier.

I have some more dressing up outfits in progress which I will post about soon hopefully.

(I didn't leave my eldest son out, he decided he wanted to go in one of the bought dressing up outfits this year)

1 comment:

talking to Hattie said...

Hello, I traveled to your blog via Jeanette at Lazy Seamstress, I cant sew and I always admire those who can, anyway I just wanted to say, that costume is fab.